Latest posts by Patricia (see all)
- The Best Mini Skincare Fridges REVIEWED
& How To Use Them! - December 10, 2019
- How to Fix Dehydrated Skin: Fix Your Moisture Barrier! - September 18, 2019
- Best Beauty Gifts Under $15 ( That Don’t Suck! ) - December 11, 2018
Looking for petite online stores? Don’t worry, I have you covered… I understand, it’s a tough world out there when you can’t reach the top cabinets in your kitchen, but it’s even tougher when your favorite style trends are NEVER in your size!
If you’re a 5’2 munchkin like myself, at one point you might have blacklisted these wardrobe items below because the fit is awkward:
1) maxi-dresses because they’ll most likely be taller than you
2) crop-tops because they fit like small tees
3) ripped-jeans-at-the-knees because they rip at your shins instead, and
4) high-waisted shorts because unless you don’t want a waistline, forget about them!
When I was in 7th grade I tried on those “it” jeans (you know, the ones you couldn’t afford and asked for Christmas) and to my unpleasant surprise they scrunched heavily at the bottom of my legs – not cute, not fly – just sad! If this story resonates with you, keep reading.
- Open-bottom sweatpant featuring broad knit waistband
- Stand collar, 2 sides zip up pockets, front zipper closure, shaped waist on the back, sleeveless quilted vest
- Super stretch lasts from day to night; Snug fit doesn't lose shape
I knew then that my stature was going to overwhelmingly cause me problems and headaches for the rest of my days and I was absolutely right – IT HAS, until…
Boom. I discovered glorious (and highly addictive) internet shopping.
It’s easy to conquer all of my miniature battles with a click of a button and you won’t have to succumb to blacklisting various clothing items again…
Below you’ll find out how I solved all of my shorty woes!
- 1 Petite Online Stores – 2018 Guide
- 1.1 My Fave For Anything A La Mode:
- 1.2 Amazon Has a Great Petite Selection:
- 1.3 My Go-To Affordable Shop For Special Occasions:
- 1.4 When I Need To Revamp My Closet With Quality Staples:
- 1.5 For A Deal On Pants That Fit My Short Legs:
- 1.6 For My Office Attire:
- 1.7 When I’m Feeling Spendy:
- 1.8 Honorable Mentions for Petite Online Stores:
Petite Online Stores – 2018 Guide
I’ll admit though, it took me quite some time to give online shopping a go. It sounded prettttty pretty risky, would I be able to get the right measurements? Buying clothes in-store was difficult as it is when nada fits you.
Well, now I wish I would have started web-purchasing sooner. Not only have I been able to get clothes that fit properly (like sleeves that actually don’t cover my whole hand), but I have also been able to try out sweet and current get-ups.
Here are my favorite web shops that are petite-friendly!
My Fave For Anything A La Mode:
Why I like it: This shop is always up-to-date on the latest and the greatest style gear. Ahhh, and their jeans are terrific and not ridiculously overpriced.
Pros – Like I said, fantastic jeans – from mom ones to super skinny. Also, the cuuuutest tops. Prices range from $40-100.
Cons – Nothing. It’s my favorite place for a reason.
Amazon Has a Great Petite Selection:
My Go-To Affordable Shop For Special Occasions:
Why I like it: Whether I’m looking for a dress for a special occasion, a cute new outfit for a vacation or anything in-between, I always check out ASOS’ “Petite” section. In their own words “don’t fall short when it comes to style”.
Pros – You can count on them to have the newest in-style looks and their selection is pretty massive. You can even buy swimwear and pajama sets as well.
Cons – With a reasonable price tag, you’re going to get what you paid for. It’s not horrible, but it’s not great.
When I Need To Revamp My Closet With Quality Staples:
Why I like it: I can always find the essentials I need here, whether it be a simple white shirt or a nicely fitted plaid shirt.
Pros – They always have the pieces I need in excellent
Cons – Semi-pricey, but not as bad as their sister-store J.Crew.
For A Deal On Pants That Fit My Short Legs:
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH
Why I like it: They have various styles and I don’t have to worry if they’ll fit be too long.
Pros – Better quality than American Eagle and they always have great deals.
Cons – Their jeans will last you awhile, but not forever.
For My Office Attire:
Why I like it: I use to be a paralegal and this is the place I would get all my pencil skirts and blouses. Why? Because something you’re going to use a lot, need to be quality.
Pros – Quality clothes that last a long time, even after millions of washes.
Cons – A bit on the pricier side, but still not bad.
When I’m Feeling Spendy:
Why I like it: Because, come on, their pieces are unique and irresistible. Classy, yet homey – how do they pull this vibe off? I don’t know, but I cherish my Anthro gems.
Pros – They’ll last forever and feel great on.
Cons – You’ll spend more than you ever wanted to.